In this creative and fun filled 8 week course your child will explore the world of dance.
Danceploration features different dance styles. Each class focuses on a specific dance style and the music associated with that style.
Your child will learn the steps and moves to create a dance at the end of each class.
In our final class, your child will present a favourite dance style to the group, incorporating dance styles learned throughout the course.
Week 1: Introduction to movement and line dancing
- Put on jeans and boots
Week 2: Introduction to Ballet
- Become a ballerina – wear a tutu if you like
Week 3: Introduction to Jazz
- Come in black comfy clothing with bright accessories and a side pony tail
Week 4: Introduction to African Dance
- Be ready to play the bongo’s and stomp your feet – come in bright tribal colours
Week 5: Introduction to Flamenco
- Wear a long flowing skirt and a red hair accessory
Week 6: Introduction to Improvisation
- Come in comfy clothing of your choice
Week 7: Hip Hop
- Come in your Hip Hop clothing
Week 8: Review of all the Dance Styles